The Life of an Aspiring Sociopath

At this point you are probably wondering what the hell you have gotten yourself into; you are not the first to ask that question. Well, sit back and enjoy the ride kiddies...welcome to the truly strange, bizarre, sometimes sad, outrageous, unbelievable life of... The Devine Miss K. I may be a little psychotic, but I am damn cute.

Name:
Location: Silverdale, Washington, United States

Likes: My cat Lola (all cats) & animals. (Except snakes-yuk), writing, reading, traveling (I have been to Japan, China, Australia, Hawaii and Hong Kong.) I love Asian Architecture—I have a Kimono on my wall; The Disney Villains (I collect them) – Disneyland ( and world.) Comedy Clubs; laughing; snuggling; people watching; singing; painting; cooking; baking; (I am an awesome baker!)- being with friends. Talking, talking and talking. Teaching, kids, intelligent conversation and people….and dreaming. (Oh don’t forget sleep!) Dislikes: Liver, Fish, Star Trek ( but I LOVVVE Star Wars), commercials repeated again and again, slow drivers, inconsiderate people, bad smells, being cold—being too hot, computers that freeze at the worst times and milk gone bad.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sigh- again

I feel a little depressed. Perhaps it is the 20 some days of rain--or maybe the hormonal imbalance in my body. Yes, I am still having issues! I had surgery in Nov. and now I am doing that same crap again. If it does not knock it off then I will have to have surgery number 2. So just to be clear here is what surgery number 2 would be like:

Endometrial ablation is a procedure that uses a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) and other instruments to destroy (ablate) the uterine lining, or endometrium. ( Ie: Burn your endrometrial tissue out)

Approximately 90% of women will have reduced menstrual flow following endometrial ablation, but only 40% to 50% will stop having periods. Hysterectomy or repeat ablation is required in approximately 22% of women following endometrial ablation. Younger women are less likely than older women to respond to endometrial ablation. After an endometrial ablation, younger women are more likely to continue to have periods and need a repeat procedure.


Complications of endometrial ablation are uncommon but can be quite severe. They can include:


Although this surgery usually causes sterility by destroying the lining of the uterus, pregnancy may still be possible if a small part of the endometrium is left in place. Birth control of some form is required if you have not completed menopause and do not wish to become pregnant.


I want to go to bed and finish eating that package of cookies and read. Tv does not even remotely amuse me.

1 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

Thanks for your very informative scope on endometrial ablation, now I am even more scared.

Gotta go look up hysteroscope.

5:40 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home