The Life of an Aspiring Sociopath

At this point you are probably wondering what the hell you have gotten yourself into; you are not the first to ask that question. Well, sit back and enjoy the ride kiddies...welcome to the truly strange, bizarre, sometimes sad, outrageous, unbelievable life of... The Devine Miss K. I may be a little psychotic, but I am damn cute.

Name:
Location: Silverdale, Washington, United States

Likes: My cat Lola (all cats) & animals. (Except snakes-yuk), writing, reading, traveling (I have been to Japan, China, Australia, Hawaii and Hong Kong.) I love Asian Architecture—I have a Kimono on my wall; The Disney Villains (I collect them) – Disneyland ( and world.) Comedy Clubs; laughing; snuggling; people watching; singing; painting; cooking; baking; (I am an awesome baker!)- being with friends. Talking, talking and talking. Teaching, kids, intelligent conversation and people….and dreaming. (Oh don’t forget sleep!) Dislikes: Liver, Fish, Star Trek ( but I LOVVVE Star Wars), commercials repeated again and again, slow drivers, inconsiderate people, bad smells, being cold—being too hot, computers that freeze at the worst times and milk gone bad.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Jobs

Okay here is something fun:

I am going to try and list all of the jobs I have ever had--can you do the same? 35 years = a lot of jobs, especially when your bipolar--hahaha! oooh and the SOME of the hourly wages!

1. Berry Fields .10 per pound or somethin
2. Bulbs= 4.00 and hour ( BIG money back then)
3. Baby Sitting ( 2.50-3.00 an hour)
4. McDonald's ( Briefly)-- 3.35
5. Kentucky Fucked Chicken 3.45-3.62
6. JC Pennys 3.70-4.00
7.NANNY NYC-- 150.00 a week ( plus room and board)
8. Tradewinds Cafe - 5.25-5.50
9.Denny's ( 1st time) 5.00 as a hostess
10. The Willows Retirement Center ( working while at Dennys) 4.00
11. Blue Water Bistro- Busser 4.75 plus tip ( while working at Dennys and Willows..Manic much?)
12. NANNY CONNECTICUT 225.00 a week plus room and board
13. Lane Bryant 5.50 ( BIG BUCKS) while working as a nanny in CT
14. Buzz Inn Steak House ( Briefly) 6.00 --:(
15. The Store Grocery! yea!
16. Lane Bryant-Mt.Vernon ( while working at the Store)
17. Trendwest Resorts ( WHAT A MESS): Appointment Setter
18. Brief Stint selling entertainment books over the phone
19. Brief Stint selling vacuums--I was depressed--but liked talking nonesense on the phone
20. Truck Stop Waitress - Crane's Cafe-hahahahahaha
21. Denny's Waitress ( 2nd time)
22. The Banana Pages--Advertising
23. GE CAPITAL ASSURANCE ( Hi Peter)
24. Lusty Lady--Phone Sex Goddess
25. Massage Therapist ( um, unliscensed)
26. NANNY--GreenLake, Seattle ( 1800.00 a month-)
27. Media Passage
28. BEST HEll ( times 3)
29. The Oasis Teen Shelter--Youth Councselor
30. Boss Tweed ( Hog) --waitress
31. Preschool teacher
32. Barnes & Noble ( 1 week--anxiety attacks prevented me from going to work)
33. Camp Counselor
34. Swim instructor for kindergartners
35. SUNDOWN-Teacher--ahhhhhhhh
36.Glen Eden--Special Education Teacher/Therapist

Wow--I've come along way........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoyed your list of jobs. I have quite a list myself, most notably in my mind are the job I had the summer of my senior year in high school in which I installed fiberglass insulation in houses. I was also a janitor. Janitor was probably the worst because people could still smoke in office buildings and I had to clean out the ash trays with windex. Yuk! I don't think I'll ever experience the smell of windex in ashtrays without wanting to puke again as long as I live. :-)

9:40 PM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger Alice said...

I too briefly worked at Barnes and Noble (Farts and Snow Balls). I was only an Xmas temp, but I remember feeling very anxious because the pay was 6.25 and my parking cost 20.00 a day. Plus, I had to recite a corporate mantra. None of the regular workers had cars, so I guess they weren't worried about parking costs. I always wanted to work in a book store, but I guess only students with parents paying their bills can survive on B&N wages. Maybe someone with a rich spouse could do it.

10:14 PM, October 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home